An overwhelming request we have heard for several months is to seamlessly incorporate Adobe XD into existing workflows, whether you work by yourself, on a team, or in a large enterprise. Today, as part of our January release, we’re thrilled to release our first integrations with popular 3rd-party tools to help you standardize and scale your design process, whether you’re handing off your designs to developers or applying advanced animation to your prototypes. This is just the beginning of XD becoming an expanding platform for creating and developing amazing user experience.
Adobe XD is always evolving to reflect customer and community feedback. Our latest release connects you with some of your favorite tools and services, including Dropbox, Zeplin, Avocode, Sympli, ProtoPie, and Kite Compositor. Adobe XD is a vector-based prototyping tool made by Adobe Inc., which is used to create user interface designs and prototyping user experience. Developers describe it as a “UX/UI design collaboration tool.” On the other side, Zeplin XD is considered a collaboration tool for front-end developers and UI designers.
Design to Developer Handoff
Teams and organizations can quickly incorporate Adobe XD into their design to development workflow with either Design Specs (Beta) or the new integrations for Zeplin, Avocode, and Sympli. You can now choose the design to development workflow that works best for you and your teams.
We are continuing to enhance Design Specs (Beta) and plan to add more functionality like asset extraction and code snippets in the near future.
The demands for creating an engaging digital experience are higher than ever. With integrations for ProtoPie and Kite Compositor, communicating experiences with advanced animations like bouncing or spinning icons is faster and easier.
With future releases of Adobe XD, you’ll also see progress on overlays (transitioning elements on top of an existing artboard) and scrollable areas within an artboard. We also plan to enable higher fidelity micro-interactions as well as support more gestures and interaction types.
We are also working on releasing integrations with other popular tools and services. If you are looking for integrations with other platforms, please see our uservoice site and vote for an integration or submit a request for one.
Also on the horizon is work to support in-app plugins on Mac and Windows that allow anyone to extend XD with additional tools, commands, and panels. If you are interested in continuing the conversation around extensibility, connect with us via uservoice. If you are an integration or extension developer please join our uservoice forum here.
How to Get Started
If you are already using these popular services and tools, download the January release of Adobe XD here or from your Creative Cloud desktop app. If you don’t see the latest release of XD available in your Creative Cloud desktop app, check out this helpful guide.
Note that the integrations are only available on XD for Mac at this time.
Visit the vendor(s) you are using below to get the latest version of their app and learn more about how to take advantage of the integration:
For Adobe XD and Zeplin users, check out this short video on how to get started:
Enjoy these enhancements and keep creating and sharing incredible experiences with Adobe XD!
Let’s keep the conversation going! You can follow our handle @AdobeXD for updates or reach the team on Twitter using the #AdobeXD. You can also chat with us on Facebook, where we share videos and updates as well as answer questions during live sessions.
For UX insights sent straight to your inbox, sign up for Adobe’s experience design newsletter!
Adobe Xd Zeplin Windows
While sharing your prototypes on Behance, don’t forget to tag them with #MadeWithAdobeXD and select Adobe XD under “Tools Used” for the opportunity to be featured in the Adobe XD Newsletter.
Download and install chrome. Get more done with the new Google Chrome. A more simple, secure, and faster web browser than ever, with Google’s smarts built-in.
Adobe Xd To Zeplin
- 00:00:00 hi there with the release of our January
- 00:00:03 update for Adobe XD we're also
- 00:00:06 announcing a couple of integrations and
- 00:00:08 I'm gonna use the integration with
- 00:00:10 Zeppelin to explain how the process of
- 00:00:13 sending your design from XD to this
- 00:00:16 different partners so that the different
- 00:00:18 apps how it works so let me show you
- 00:00:21 first to get XD you can go to XT to
- 00:00:24 adobe.com and to get Zeppelin I'm gonna
- 00:00:28 use Zeppelin to explain how the
- 00:00:29 integration works you can go to Zeppelin
- 00:00:32 dot IO and here you can see this is an
- 00:00:34 app for developers to inspect
- 00:00:36 measurements colors in extract assets so
- 00:00:40 let's see how the integration works so
- 00:00:42 I'll start with Zeppelin here I will
- 00:00:44 create a new project I know it's gonna
- 00:00:47 be an iOS project and you can see there
- 00:00:50 are some instructions here how to send
- 00:00:53 that design from XD into that plane I
- 00:00:56 can give this project a name perfect
- 00:01:01 then I can go to XD selected design I
- 00:01:04 want to send or designs I can select
- 00:01:06 multiple artboards if I want to let's
- 00:01:08 say I want to select this one then you
- 00:01:10 can use the shortcut command option II
- 00:01:12 to send your designs from eckstein into
- 00:01:15 that they need to pick the project in
- 00:01:17 Zeppelin you wanted to send it to I'm
- 00:01:20 gonna choose density 2x it's now sending
- 00:01:24 those assets and everything all that
- 00:01:27 information here into this project it's
- 00:01:29 done then if I need to as a developer if
- 00:01:32 I need to inspect this I can double
- 00:01:34 click here and I can inspect
- 00:01:37 measurements it's based in points
- 00:01:40 because it's an iOS app I could also do
- 00:01:42 pixels for web and DP for Android apps
- 00:01:47 but let's say I wanna bring this button
- 00:01:50 as an SVG or as a PDF in this case PDF
- 00:01:53 for iOS I can then go to X D select that
- 00:01:57 guy that I want to make exportable in
- 00:02:01 Zeppelin then I open my layers panel
- 00:02:04 with that guy selected
- 00:02:07 it's called applied filters I can say
- 00:02:09 can rename it request
- 00:02:13 but I can then right click on this layer
- 00:02:16 intel XD to mark for badge export or you
- 00:02:22 can click on this little icon there once
- 00:02:24 it's done I can then select that
- 00:02:27 artboard again command option e send it
- 00:02:31 to Zeppelin and now if I go back to that
- 00:02:37 second thing that got imported as soon
- 00:02:40 as I select that option I can download
- 00:02:42 that entire asset as a PNG or as a PDF
- 00:02:46 so developers can use this in the real
- 00:02:48 app so that's it so play with
- 00:02:50 integrations and let us know what you
- 00:02:52 think if you have feedback please go to
- 00:02:54 Adobe XD user voice calm or use Twitter
- 00:02:58 using the hashtag Adobe XD or find us on
- 00:03:01 Facebook facebook.com forward slash
- 00:03:04 Adobe XD CC thank you