Citrix Workspace app is instrumented to transmit data to Citrix Analytics Service from ICA sessions that you launch from a browser. For more information on how Citrix Analytics uses this information, see Self-Service for Performance and Self-service search for Virtual Apps and Desktops. Citrix Workspace App version 2010 for Windows 1 - Go to the Downloads folder and install the downloaded file. 2 - Accept the License Agreement and Click 'Install'. I updated Citrix workspace app from 1909 to 1912 on some machines that also had Citrix Virtual apps and Desktops (for remote workers). Some users that use Citrix Remote PC (Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 1912) are no longer able to connect to their machines. Remote PC appears to want to launch but then just disappears. Thonny free download. Citrix Workspace app 2010 for Mac has been tested on macOS Big Sur Beta 10. Please use this setup in a test environment and provide your feedback. Do not use Citrix Workspace app for Mac on macOS Big Sur Beta versions in production environments. Citrix Workspace app can be installed by both a user and an administrator. Administrator privileges are required only when using pass-through authentication and Citrix Ready workspace hub with Citrix Workspace app for Windows. The following table describes the differences when Citrix Workspace app is installed as an administrator or a user.
|Operating system||Windows NT, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8|
Citrix Workspace App (formerly Citrix Receiver) is the client component of XenDesktop and XenApp, developed by Citrix Systems. It was released initially in 2009.
Citrix Receiver is the client component of XenDesktop or XenApp. Devices with Receiver installed are able to access full desktops via XenDesktop or individual applications via XenApp from a centralized host, such as a server or cloud infrastructure. The product's intended users are employees.
Citrix Receiver is not a standalone product and is included with XenApp and XenDesktop.
Reviews praised Citrix Receiver's reasonably fast loading time and flexibility in allowing remote desktop access from many different computer and mobile platforms. However, reviewers also criticized the iPhone version of the software for the difficulty of formatting text and prolonged typing, tasks that normally required a keyboard and mouse. The iPad version had similar accessibility issues, and the performance of Flash applications was very limited. As a remedy, Citrix developed a mouse for iOS devices.
Update from the Citrix website:
As of August 2018, Citrix Workspace app has replaced Citrix Receiver.Citrix Workspace app is a new client from Citrix that works similar to Citrix Receiver and is fully backward-compatible with your organization’s Citrix infrastructure. Citrix Workspace app provides the full capabilities of Citrix Receiver, as well as new capabilities based on your organization’s Citrix deployment.
Prior to Receiver, Citrix had a different client for each of its products. The company developed Receiver to handle the management of those clients. Citrix Receiver was announced in 2009 and the first version became available later that year. Citrix Receiver won several mobility awards after its release, including a CRN Appy and 'Best of Interop' award for Wireless & Mobility in 2011, and a Global Mobile Award in 2012. As of August 2018, Citrix Workspace app has replaced Citrix Receiver
Citrix Workspace App 2010
- ^Frederic Lardinois (21 August 2014). 'Google And Citrix Team Up To Launch A Better Citrix Receiver For Chrome OS'. techcrunch.com. Retrieved 25 August 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Musthaler, Linda (2 December 2011). 'Citrix Receiver brings full-fledged desktop apps to smartphones and tablets'. networkworld.com. Retrieved 25 August 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Weedmark, David. 'How Does the Citrix Receiver for the iPhone Work?'. everydaylife.globalpost.com. Retrieved 25 August 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Ben Woods (May 27, 2011). 'Citrix expands Receiver support to one billion devices'. ZDNet. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 1 October 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^ abBlackwell, Gerry (July 29, 2010). 'Review: Citrix Receiver for iPad'. EnterpriseMobileToday. QuinStreet Inc. Retrieved 18 November 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^ abBattersby, Jeffery. 'Citrix Receiver for iPhone'. Macworld. IDG. Retrieved 18 November 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Broida, Rick (May 7, 2015). 'Citrix to launch iOS-compatible mouse'. CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 December 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'Receiver'. Citrix.com. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- ^Koetzing, Thomas (9 October 2012). 'Understanding Citrix Receiver'. koetzing.eu. Retrieved 25 August 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Madden, Brian (19 May 2009). 'What's the difference between the 'ICA client,' the 'XenApp Plug-in,' and the 'Citrix Receiver?' A guide to Citrix's client names and variants'. brianmadden.com. Retrieved 25 August 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'Interop's Best Of The Best, Network Concerns'. InformationWeek. 13 May 2011. Retrieved 25 August 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[permanent dead link]
- ^Acharya, Sarmistha (3 March 2012). 'MWC 2012: Winners of Global Mobile Awards'. International Business Times. Retrieved 25 August 2015.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'Official website'. Retrieved 2019-02-07.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Citrix Workspace App 2010
- Official website