Learn how to clear cache on your Android device easily. This helps to unclog your phone if excess cache data and make it run faster as well as clear up stora. How to Clear the Cache of All Installed Apps on Samsung Phones; How to Clear the Cache of All Installed Apps on the Huawei Ascend 5W; Note: With the software update to Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has removed the feature to clear the cache of all installed apps. Instead, the ability to clear the cache for individual apps has been designed. You can clear data and cache in Media Storage on Android. But, you should not disable Android Media Storage because it may cause data loss. Besides, this article also shows you how to recover your missing Android data with special data recovery software. How to Clear the Cache of All Installed Apps on Samsung Phones; How to Clear the Cache of All Installed Apps on the Huawei Ascend 5W; Note: With the software update to Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has removed the feature to clear the cache of all installed apps. Instead, the ability to clear the cache for individual apps has been designed.© Provided by Business Insider You can your Google Play cache in a few simple steps. Shutterstock
- If Google Play Store is having trouble loading, opening, or downloading apps, clearing the app's cache and data may fix your problem.
- Clearing the cache will remove temporary files associated with Google Play on your device, while clearing the data will remove any personal settings. When troubleshooting a problem, you can clear both.
- Clearing your Google Play cache and data will not delete any apps or other programs you have downloaded.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you're an Android user, the Google Play Store needs no introduction.
But did you know that with every app downloaded, Google Play creates background data that's stored in a hidden cache on your device? This stored data helps Google Play run more smoothly, helping transfer information quicker, reducing load times and improving general performance.
But as the cache works quietly in the background and takes more and more space, it can slow down your Google Play app and sometimes freeze your device and make it difficult to download new apps.
Avg cleaner ipad. If you're troubleshooting why Google Play won't load, open, or download apps, clearing the app's cache and data could be your solution. Here's what you need to know about clearing the cache for the Google Play Store app.
What can clearing the cache and data fix?
In general, if you're having trouble downloading or installing apps from Google Play, you should check that you have a strong Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. The culprit may simply just come down to weak connectivity. If that isn't the problem, clearing the app's cache and data can help fix the following issues:
- The Google Play Store app won't open or is slow to load
- The Google Play Store app consistently crashes
- App downloads or updates won't complete
- You're not able to start a download, or you can't download music, movies, or other media
How to clear the cache for the Google Play Store app
1. Open your Android device's 'Settings' menu, and then tap 'Apps.'
Clear Cache On Android Device© Business Insider What the settings menu looks like on a Samsung Galaxy S9+. Business Insider
Clear Cache Android 10
2. Locate and tap the Google Play Store app.© Business Insider In the App Info menu, click on 'Storage.' Business Insider
3. Tap 'Storage' and then tap 'Clear cache.' You'll also see an option to 'Clear data.' It's recommended you try both when troubleshooting your problem.
How To Clear The Cache In Android© Business Insider You'll have the option to clear cache or data. In general, it is safe to do both. Business Insider
4. Once the cache and data is cleared, restart Google Play and check if your problem is resolved.
Tip: If clearing the cache and data doesn't resolve your problem, try restarting your device.
Understanding the difference between cache and data
While you should try to clear both the cache and data of the app, it's important to understand the difference:
- Clearing cache: When you clear the cache, you're only deleting temporary files associated with the app. Think files that can help reduce the processed data (like images), which in turn helps the app load faster.
- Clearing data: When you clear data, you clear the cache but also all pertinent personal information like app settings, preferences, and saved information. Clearing the data is like a 'factory reset' for the app.
In either case, you will not lose any apps or programs you already downloaded, and both methods are safe to do.