Oct 19, 2020 Knives Out Quotes From the Oscar-Nominated Screenplay Benoit Blanc: I suspect foul play, and I have eliminated no suspects. Elliott: Now we understand, the night of his demise, the family had gathered to celebrate your father’s eighty-fifth birthday. Remote access windows 8.1.
- Knives Out, Trailer 1 2 secs - I suspect foul play. The Wicker Man (2006).
- Dec 02, 2019 In Knives Out, almost every member. Detective Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig) suspects foul play, and all of Harlan’s descendants quickly start eyeing the contents of his will.
Knives Out is a 2019 film about a detective who investigates the death of the patriarch of an eccentric, combative family.
- Directed and written by Rian Johnson.
- It's a weird case from the start. A case with a hole in the center. A donut.
- I suspect foul play. I have eliminated no suspects.
- I spoke in the car about the hole at the center of this donut. And yes, what you and Harlan did that fateful night seems at first glance to fill that hole perfectly. A donut hole in the donut's hole. But we must look a little closer. And when we do, we see that the donut hole has a hole in its center – it is not a donut hole at all, but a smaller donut with its hole, and our donut is not whole at all!
- You have a regurgitative reaction to mistruths.
- But the complexity and the gray lie not in the truth, but what you do with the truth once you have it.
- Physical evidence can tell a clear story with a forked tongue.
- Why is grief the providence of youth? I don't know. But I'd imagine that age deepens all feelings.
- The best judge of character is a dog. I've found that to be true.
- It describes the path of a projectile determined by natural law. Et voila, my method. I observe the facts without biases of the head or heart. I determine the arc's path, stroll to its terminus and the truth falls at my feet.
- My mother, ladies and gentlemen.
- We are the Thrombeys, goddammit! This is still our house!
- [to Marta] Were you boinking my father?
Detective Lieutenant Elliot
- (being questioned) He's an alt-right dipstick troll.
Knives Out Ending, Explained Who's The Killer Plot Summary
- Lieutenant Elliott: That.. was the dumbest car chase of all time.
- [Harlan reveals to Richard that he is aware that he has been cheating on Linda with another woman, having just shown Richard pictures on his laptop catching him in the act. Richard angrily closes the laptop.]
- Harlan Thrombey: I've put all of it in this letter to her. Tomorrow, she gets it.
- Richard Drysdale: Harlan, I'm warning you.
- Harlan Thrombey: No. She deserves to know.
- Richard Drysdale: You stay out of my marriage.
- Harlan Thrombey: She deserves to know and you're gonna tell her.
- Richard Drysdale: THE HELL I AM!!!
- Harlan Thrombey: YOU TELL HER OR I WILL!!!
- Marta Cabrera: I've never been to a will reading before.
- Benoit Blanc: You'd think it'd be like a game show, but think of a community production of a tax return.
- Ransom Drysdale: That's some heavy-duty conjecture.
- Walt Thrombey: Funny, Ransom, you skipped the funeral, but you're early for the will reading.
- Ransom Drysdale: Up your ass.
- Meg Thrombey: Oh, very nice!
- Ransom Drysdale: Matter of fact, eat shit. How's that? [pointing to each family member who is shouting at him] Eat shit, eat shit, eat shit.. definitely eat shit.. We gotta do this more often.
- Benoit Blanc: This is a twisted web, and we are not finished untangling it, not yet.
- Ransom Drysdale: What is this, CSI: KFC?
- Marta Cabrera: What was that about will readings being boring?
- Benoit Blanc: The exception that proves the rule.
- Marta Cabrera: You're not much of a detective, are you?
- Benoit Blanc: Well, to be fair, you make a pretty lousy murderer.
- Benoit Blanc: Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to request that you all stay until the investigation is completed.
- Linda Drysdale: What?
- Joni Thrombey: Can we ask why? Has something changed?
- Benoit Blanc: No..
- Joni Thrombey: No, it hasn't changed, or no, we can't ask?
- Everyone has a motive. No one has a clue.
- Hell, any of them could have done it.
- Nothing brings a family together like murder.
- Daniel Craig – Benoit Blanc
- Chris Evans – Hugh Ransom Drysdale
- Ana de Armas – Marta Cabrera
- Jamie Lee Curtis – Linda Drysdale
- Michael Shannon – Walter 'Walt' Thrombey
- Don Johnson – Richard Drysdale
- Toni Collette – Joni Thrombey
- Lakeith Stanfield – Detective Lieutenant Elliot
- Katherine Langford – Megan 'Meg' Thrombey
- Jaeden Martell – Jacob Thrombey
- Riki Lindhome – Donna Thrombey
- Edi Patterson – Fran
- K Callan – Wanetta 'Great Nana' Thrombey
- Noah Segan – Trooper Wagner
- Christopher Plummer – Harlan Thrombey
- M. Emmet Walsh – Mr. Proofroc
- Marlene Forte – Mrs. Cabrera
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt – Detective Hardrock
- Knives Out quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Knives Out at Rotten Tomatoes