(for PC with Windows) OS: Windows XP SP3 or higher (32 / 64 bit supported) CPU: Intel® Pentium 1.8 GHz processor or higher (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz higher recommended) Minimum memory size (RAM) 1 GB (recommended) Free hard drive space: At least 500 MB (recommended) Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (600), 32 bit or above: Required software: 1. The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an Android-based smartphone unveiled, produced, released and marketed by Samsung Electronics as part of the Samsung Galaxy S series.Unveiled on 24 February 2014 at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, it was released on 11 April 2014 in 150 countries as the immediate successor to the Galaxy S4.As with the S4, the S5 is an evolution of the prior year's model.
- Samsung S5 Pc Suite Review
- Samsung S5 Pc Suite Download
- Samsung Mobile Pc Suite
- Galaxy S5 Pc Suite
- Samsung Galaxy Pc Suite Download
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Pc Suite
In the smartphone market, Android devices are increasingly becoming more important. Samsung phone is one of the leading and popular Android phones having a huge user base. Seeing how a Samsung phone is important, especially for storage of your information, the importance of data syncing and backing up cannot be overstated here.
Being able to sync and transfer files from your Samsung phone to PC will help you avoid possible data and information loss. Not being able to connect Samsung phone to pc is a common problem often experienced by users and for that reason, below we explore the different solutions for this particular common problem.
Method 1: How to Connect Samsung Phone to PC via MTP Mode?
Using the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mode to connect Samsung phone to PC is advised to transfer photos from Samsung to PC via a USB cable. However, it is recommended to transfer a small number of media files to the computer because of its low speed for data transferring.
- Connect your Samsung phone to PC using a USB cable.
- In the phone's home screen, use your finger to slide the screen from top to bottom.
- You have to ensure that the established USB connection is labeled 'Connected as a media device'.
- If the USB connection is not labeled as indicated, please choose the 'Media device (MTP)' option.
- Ensure that the PC has detected and shows your Samsung phone in 'My Computer'.
Method 2: How to Connect Samsung Phone to PC via Wi-Fi/USB?
If the above method fails, you can also connect the Samsung phone to pc via Wi-Fi/USB. This method is high-speed and safe unlike when you are using a Bluetooth.
There are numerous professional tools for Wi-Fi File Transfer for you to choose from. One such tool is Samsung Messages Backup, which allows you to transfer almost everything from Samsung phone to PC effectively.
The program supports almost all Samsung phone, including Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S7/S6, Galaxy Note9/8/7/6, Galaxy A9/A8/A7/A6, etc., and other Android devices, such as LG, Sony, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
Here are the steps to connect Samsung phone to PC via Wi-Fi.
Step 1. Connect your Samsung device and PC to the same Wi-Fi network.
Adobe audition record audio. Step 2. Install the Samsung Messages Backup program to your Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP.
Step 3. Free download Samsung Message Backup mobile app to your Samsung phone.
Step 4. Launch the program on PC. You can see the interface as below, select 'Connect via WiFi'.
Step 5. After that, you can get a QR code on your PC screen. Now you will be prompted to scan the QR code.
Step 6. On your Samsung phone, launch the app. You can find a QR code viewer on the top-right corner. Click it to scan the QR code.
Step 7. When entering the main interface on your PC as below, your Samsung phone is linked to the PC via Wi-Fi successfully.
Connect Samsung Device to PC with A USB Cable
Samsung Messages Backup also allows you to connect Samsung device to PC via a USB cable. Here's how:
Step 1. Install the program to your PC desktop and launch it.
Step 2. Connect a Samsung device to the PC via a USB cable.
Step 3. Enable USB debugging on your Samsung Galayx. You click this link or follow the prompts to turn on the USB debugging.
Now, you can use this program to:
- Backup and restore the whole Samsung phone data to PC with one click only.
- Quickly transfer photos, music, videos, contacts, SMS, call logs, and apps between Samsung to PC without data loss.
- Add, delete, edit, and print out contacts on PC.
- Send/reply/read text messages on your PC.
- Install/uninstall apps from computer directly.
- Delete/recover/import/export/view call logs on PC.
- Transfer the contacts between your Samsung and Outlook.
Method 3: How Do I Connect Samsung Phone to PC via Samsung Kies?
Samsung Kies is a well-known Samsung PC suite that is available for free. Like Apple iTunes, the software can be used to connect Samsung Galaxy to PC and manage your Samsung files on the computer easily.
Here are the steps to connect Samsung device to PC via Kies:
- Install and launch the Samsung Kies on your PC.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy to the PC via a USB cable.
- Open the Notification panel on your Samsung phone screen and select the MTP mode.
- The Samsung Kies will detect your Samsung phone automatically.
- After that, you can transfer contacts, music, photos, videos, and podcast between your Samsung Galaxy and the PC.
Method 4: How to Connect Samsung Phone to PC Using Bluetooth on Win 10/8/7?
The Bluetooth file transfer allows you to transfer documents, video, and music wirelessly between a Samsung phone and PC. However, it is not available on all of the PCs. To transfer files via Bluetooth, you need to activate the function on both your PC and Samsung Galaxy, then connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC via Bluetooth.
Enable Bluetooth on PC
On Windows 10, please go to 'Start' > 'Settings' > 'Devices' > 'Bluetooth & other devices' > turn on 'Bluetooth'.
On Windows 8.1, click the 'Start' button > type 'Bluetooth' > choose 'Bluetooth settings' > turn on 'Bluetooth'.
On Windows 7, it is more complex to turn on the Bluetooth.
- Firstly, you need to add the Bluetooth feature to your PC.
- Please go to 'Start' > 'Adminstrative Tools' > 'Computer Services' > 'Services (Local)' > find 'Bluetooth Support Service' from the list.
- Right-click it and go to 'Properties' > 'General' > 'Startup type' > choose 'Automatic' > tap on 'Apply' & 'OK'.
- Next, make the Bluetooth icon appear on your PC desktop.
- On the 'Control Panel', tap on 'Adminstrative Tools' > 'Computer management' > 'Device manager' > 'Bluetooth adapter'.
- Right-click it and tap on 'Enable'. Now, you can see the Bluetooth icon on your desktop.
Enable Bluetooth on Samsung Galaxy
You can easily enable the Bluetooth function on your Samsung Galaxy.
Samsung S5 Pc Suite Review
- Slide the Samsung screen from top to bottom to open the 'Notification' panel.
- Tap on the 'Bluetooth' icon to turn it on.
- If you can not see the icon, you can go to 'Settings' to find the Bluetooth feature and turn it on.
Connect Samsung Phone to PC Using Bluetooth
After allowing the Bluetooth function on both your Samsung Galaxy and PC, you can do as follows to make a connection between the phone and PC.
On Windows 10:
- Go to the 'Bluetooth & other devices' screen.
- Tap on 'Add Bluetooth or other device'.
- Choose 'Bluetooth'.
- Select your device from the list.
- Check if the given codes are matched on Samsung phone and PC.
- If matched, click 'Connect' on Windows 10 and hit 'Pair' on your Samsung phone to make a connection.
On Windows 8.1:
- Tap on 'Start'.
- Type 'Bluetooth' and choose 'Bluetooth settings'.
- Your discoverable Samsung device will appear on the device list. Choose your device.
- Tap on 'Pair'.
- Go with the easy prompts to make a connection.
On Windows 7:
- Click the 'Start' button.
- Choose 'Devices and Printers'.
- Click 'Add a device'.
- Select your Samsun Galaxy from the device list.
- Tap on 'Next'.
- Check if the pairing codes are matched on your Samsung phone and PC.
- If matched, confirm the connection option on your Samsung Galaxy and PC.
Method 5: Samsung Connect to Windows 10 via Microsoft Account
Linking your Samsung phone to Windows 10 is also possible via Microsoft account. You are hence able to seamlessly transfer articles from your Samsung Galaxy to PC. You can start a task on your Samsung Galaxy and continue to complete it on your Windows 10 once you linked your phone to PC.
Samsung S5 Pc Suite Download
Step 1. Sign into your Microsoft account.
Tap on 'Settings' on your Windows 10. Entering the 'Windows Settings' interface, you can see the 'Phone' option. Click it and you will be taken to a screen named 'Your Phone'. You will be prompted to log in your Microsoft account at first. If you didn't have an account, you need to create one.
Step 2. Add a phone.
Tap on the option to add your phone as the prompts. Then you need to fill your phone number into the blank. Next, tap on 'Send' and you will be told to receive a link by a text message on your Samsung phone.
Step 3. Install Microsoft Edge on your Samsung phone.
Actually, in order to make a connection between your Samsung phone and Windows 10, you are required to install another app called Microsoft Edge in the text message firstly. Just click the app link to install it on your Samsung Galaxy.
Step 4. Log in the Edge using your Microsoft account.
Launch the Microsoft Edge app and sign into your Microsoft account.
Step 5. Connect your Samsung phone to Windows 10.
Reboot your PC. Go to 'Start' > 'Settings' > 'Phone', you can find your Galaxy is listed on the screen. Now, your Samsung phone is connected to the PC.
Extra: What if My Samsung Phone Fails to Connect My PC?
If still, you have failed to connect your Samsung phone to pc with the above 5 methods, there are some solutions you may try to hopefully fix the problem. For more information, you can read this article: [Fixed!] What If Fail to Connect Android to PC.
- Using a different USB cable.
- Enabling USB debugging.
- Turning on Airplane mode.
- Rebooting your Samsung phone.
- Resetting your phone to factory defaults.
Words in The End:
You can link your Samsung Galaxy phone to the PC using these 5 methods. You may find that the methods mentioned above aim at different purposes for data transferring from Samsung phone to PC. Pick one as you need to connect your Samsung phone to PC and transfer files between your Galaxy and computer.
Nokia used to be one of the leading brands of phones, especially back in the days when there were only feature phones that performed basic functions such as call and text. With the advancement of technology, smartphones become popular. One of the game players in this trend is Samsung. Though Nokia is still competing with leading smartphone brands, Samsung has already established its name when it comes to this factory.
Samsung Mobile Pc Suite
One of its latest phones is Samsung Galaxy S5. If you have been using a Nokia phone and decided to upgrade to Samsung Galaxy S5, one of the things that you might consider is transferring contacts from Nokia to S5. You always have the option to do it manually, but this could be tiring and time-consuming especially if you have hundreds of contacts. There’s actually no need to do this as there are more convenient methods that you can try.
How to Transfer Contacts Nokia to Samsung S5
In this post, I will teach you three ways on how you can easily transfer your contacts from your Nokia phone to your Samsung S5. See which one would work the best for you, starting with Phone Transfer.
Method 1: Use Phone Transfer
This tool is free to use. It not only transfers contact from a Nokia to a Galaxy S5, but also handles other files, including audio, SMS, video, call log, images and music. And this can be done with just a few clicks. Aside from Nokia and Samsung, it also supports other devices such as Blackberry, iOS, Symbian and Android.
Once the application is installed on your computer, launch it and click the “Start button” on the option that says “Phone to Phone Transfer”. Connect your Nokia and Samsung phone to your PC using their cables. Once detected, it will show your two phones on the screen. Nokia, should be on the left side, which says source. The Samsung phone must be on the right side as the destination. If it’s the other way around, click “Flip” to exchange their places, though it sounds odd.
If you would only like to transfer contacts Nokia to Samsung S5, place a check mark only on the box next “Contacts” and leave the other boxes clear. In case your Samsung S5 has some contacts that you don’t want to transfer or need to remove, click “Clear data before copy” box under it. Click “Start copy” to start the transfer and wait for the process to complete. Do not disconnect any of the phones while the transfer is in progress.
Method 2: With Nokia PC Suite and Samsung Kies
The second method that you can use requires installing two separate applications. One is the Nokia PC Suite which you will use for saving contacts on PC. The other is Samsung Kies which will be used for transferring contacts from PC to your Samsung phone. Both tools are free to download and install on your computer.
Here are the detailed steps on how to transfer contacts from Nokia to Samsung Galaxy S5 using the two programs as mentioned:
- Open Nokia PC Suite and connect your Nokia phone to PC.
- Click “Contacts” on the left side of the window and your contact will be shown on the right pane.
- Select all the contacts you wish to transfer, click “File” and click “Export”.
- Enter the file name for your contacts, which will be saved as a CSV file.
- Disconnect Nokia. Launch Samsung Kies and connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 to your computer.
- Click “contacts” on the left side of the window and import the CSV file that you saved on your computer.
Method 3: Use Memory Card and Bluetooth
The third method doesn’t require the installation of any software as you just need to use memory card and Bluetooth on your phone. The first step is to copy your phone contacts to your memory card. To do this, on your Nokia phone go to “Menu” > “Communication” > “Contacts” > “Options” > “Mark/Unmark” > “Mark all”. Next, select “Options” > “Copy” > “Memory card”.
Galaxy S5 Pc Suite
Once your contacts have been transferred to the memory card, it’s time to transfer them to your Samsung phone via Bluetooth. On your Nokia, go to “Menu” > “Office” > “File manager” > “Contacts” > “Options” > “Mark/Unmark” > “Mark all “> “Options” > “Send” > “Via Bluetooth”.
Samsung Galaxy Pc Suite Download
Samsung Galaxy S5 Pc Suite
Those are the three methods for transferring contacts from Nokia to Samsung. If you do not wish to install any software, the third option using Bluetooth would be the best for you. If you prefer to make the transfer on your computer, the second method would do, but it requires using two applications, which can be inconvenient. The best way would be to use the Nokia to Samsung contacts transfer since it only uses one application making it more convenient and faster.