- In the Sky Go app Sky Sports HD channels are 855 - 863 but on my TV they are 401 - 409. If I wish to record a programme using the app, for example Sky Sports Golf HD I have to remember to select ch 859. If I select 405 (the HD number on my TV) it will record it on ch 859 which is SD on my TV. The same bug applies to SKY + app.
- Then go to Roaming and delete the Sky and Sky Go folders. Download the Sky Go app from the official Sky website. Then open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app. B) If you’re on Mac. On your desktop, click Go and click Applications. Remove the Sky Go app. Go back to your desktop, then click Go and click.
If you use Sky Go app on a Windows PC or Laptop and link the PC/Laptop to the TV via HDMI you will be able to see the picture and obviously change the sound source to the TV too. Sky Go's picture quality is and always has been abysmal, with constant blocking and buffering. Frankly - it must be a lack of investment in streaming capacity. If all the other players can give decent quality and even HD in some cases why can't Sky.
Some things are just made to be watched on a big screen. So, when it comes to Sky Go, there are times you want to ditch that laptop, tablet or smartphone and kick back in front of a TV. Here’s how to stream Sky Go on your TV.
Sky Go has been around for some time now and it’s gone through several iterations, including some confusing crossovers with the Sky Q app. The app’s main function is letting you watch your Sky package over the internet – a super useful feature when you’re away from home or just not in the same room as your Sky box.
Related: Read our full Sky Q review
While being able to watch Sky on your Android or iOS device – from a Samsung Galaxy phone to an iPad – will be a marvel for some, sometimes it just isn’t good enough. The heart-pounding action scenes of Game of Thrones or Gangs of London on even the largest mobile device just won’t do.
We’ve put together this handy guide to show you just how to watch Sky Go on a TV.
Related: What do you think is best streaming service? Vote now
How do I stream Sky Go to my TV?
Sky Go Hdmi Sound
Kicking things off on a bit of a downer, the simple answer is you can’t. Never fear, you can get Sky Go on a TV using a good ol’ cable.Visual studio code on ipad.
Unfortunately, Sky is yet to add any kind of casting function to the Sky Go app – as you can do with other streaming services like Netflix or Amazon – and this means there’s no way to shift the app’s mobile content from your phone or tablet to a TV. A lack of a Sky Go app on smart TVs doesn’t help the situation either.
Instead, you’ll need to grab your laptop and download Sky Go if you haven’t already. The next step is to check what connections your laptop has and, fingers crossed, it has an HDMI port and you’ve got a handy HDMI cable lying around.
Sky Go Hd Channels
Other solutions include a VGA/DVI connection on some older machines or a more flexible Thunderbolt port, but HDMI is the simplest way of going about things. Here’s exactly how to do it:
Sky Go Hdr
- Open the Sky Go app on your laptop
- Find what you want to watch and go fullscreen
- Attach the HDMI cable to your laptop
- Plug the other end into a free HDMI port on the back of the TV
- Make sure you are on the correct HDMI input on the TV and you are all set