You can deploy an XG Firewall OVF image in a VMware environment.
Sophos Xg Esxi 6.7
May 04, 2020 Hackers have been targeting Sophos XG Firewall due to the Zero-Day exploit that allows hackers to inject the Asnarok Malware. Sophos said in their blog. “The attack affected systems configured with either the administration interface (HTTPS admin service) or the user portal exposed on the WAN zone. Installing the Sophos XG using ESXi. KelvinCharles over 5 years ago. Hello everyone, I have noticed a few people have had issues connecting to the internet and actually getting set up using the XG with ESXi. I have put a post together which should hopefully assist you in getting set up using ESXi, I hope this helps. Any questions just ask and I. Jun 19, 2018 I tried to install the Sophos XG on the ZOTAC ZBOX MI549 but the OS can’t find the realtek network card so I decided to install an ESXi server to the hardware to run Sophos XG in a virtual machine. I installed the vmware ESXi 6.7 (VMware-VMvisor-Installer-6.7.0-8169922.x8664.iso) image (use Rufus for ISO copy to your USB stick).
Sophos Xg Esxi Vs
- Go to XG Firewall free trial and download the .zip file containing the XG Firewall OVF image. Extract and save the image on the device that has the vSphere client installed.
- To deploy the OVF image, follow these steps:
- Use the vSphere client to sign in to the VMware host server using its IP address, username, and password.
- Go to File and select Deploy OVF Template.
- Select the file sf_virtual and select Open. When the file path opens in the vSphere client, select Next.
- Verify the OVF template details.
- Specify a name and location for the OVF template.
- Select the host or cluster within which you want to deploy the OVF template.
This image shows deployment on a standalone server. Nexperia gan y. Configuration can differ in cluster environments.
- Select the storage format to install the OVF template:
- Thick Provision Lazy Zeroed: Space required for the virtual disk is allocated during disk creation. Data remaining on the physical device is not erased during creation, but is zeroed out on demand later on first write from the virtual machine. You can’t convert this disk to a thin disk.
- Thick Provision Eager Zeroed: Supports clustering features such as Fault Tolerance (FT). Space required for the virtual disk is allocated at the time of creation. Data remaining on the physical device is zeroed out when the virtual disk is created. May take longer to create disks in this format.
- Thin Provision: Minimum space required. Use this format to save storage space.
For details, go to VMware disk provisioning policies.
- Select the networks to be used by the OVF template.
- Verify the deployment settings and select Finish.
XG Firewall will be installed on the server.
- Configure XG Firewall.
- Right-click XG Firewall. Select Power and then select Power on.
- Enter the administrator password admin. The Main menu appears.
- From the management device, go to https://172.16.16.16.
- Select Start to open the wizard and complete the basic configuration.CAUTION The wizard will not start if you’ve changed the default password from the console.