Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
Fixed: Winamp Modern & Bento notifier issues (with Albumart, CD playback, etc) -Fixed: 'Compact Mode' for Tray Control plugin (note, still doesn't work when in Win7 popout tray, so you'll need to set it to 'always show'). Winamp has thousands of skins and plug-ins that allow you to change the look-and-feel of the player, as well as add new features. Winamp enables users to listen to, manage and organize your media catalogs, including audio, video, streaming media, podcasts and internet radio stations.
What's new in this version:
- Winamp is a feature-rich commercial digital audio editing software developed by winamp Inc. It was first released to the public in April 1993, and is similar to applications like the open source Audacity, though offering powerful features at a very reasonable cost.
- Winamp 2.7 Winamp is the most popular software mp3 player. By going into the preferences menu, and selecting the Disk Writer output plug-in, it will save mp3 files to disk as wave files (to specify where to save the file, hit the configure button after selecting the plug-in). See screenshots for further details.
- Winamp is a media player for Microsoft Windows originally developed by Justin Frankel and Dmitry Boldyrev by their company Nullsoft, which they later sold to AOL in 1999 for $80 million. It was then acquired by Radionomy in 2014. Since version 2 it has been sold as freemium and supports extensibility with plug-ins and skins, and features music visualization, playlist and a media library.
- New: Winamp Cloud Beta
- Improved: High DPI compatibility fixes (w.i.p.)
- Improved: Memory allocation optimizations & fixes
- Improved: [ml_playlists] Show currently playing song
- Fixed: Some radio streams no longer playing as a result of the Icecast fix in 5.64
- Fixed: Crash when pasting artwork into File Info dialog in 5.64
- Fixed: [in_mp3] PIC frame rendering in ID3v2.2 tags
- Fixed: [gen_ml] Enter key not working correctly for ml views
- Fixed: [ml_local] Sporadic crashes when importing library in 5.64
- Fixed: [ml_plg] Broken 'View tracks similar to' menu item in main window songticker
- Fixed: [npwachk] Winamp Detector plugin not working with latest Firefox
- Fixed: [wasabi] Quirks with color theme list handling
- Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
- Updated: [enc_fhgaac] Fraunhofer AAC Encoder v3.02.15
- Updated: [png] libpng v1.5.17
- Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.2.7
With Winamp Cloud, you can easily access all your music libraries wherever they are stored. Winamp Cloud will allow you to aggregate and manage your entire music library with our cloud service from the following sources: Winamp Media Player on PC, Mac (in development), Android and even add to your library directly from our new Cloud Player. Adobe media player mac.
Download: Winamp 5.7 Beta 11 Build 3435 17.3 MB (Freeware)
View: Release Notes Winamp Cloud Beta
It uses the BASS API by un4seen.com.
It's Main features Are:
1 . Excellent Playback Quality.
2 . Skin Support. It also supports Winamp Skins !!!
3 . Equalizer with visual effects.
4 . Playlist Editor.
5 . Freedb Support + Freedb Local Database Explorer !!!
6 . Sonique 1.x Visualization plugins support !!!
7 . Input and DSP plugins support.
8 . WinAmp 2.x DSP Plugins Support !!!
9 . ID3v1, ID3v2, OGG Tags, WAV Tags, WMA Tags Support.
10 . Zip Files Support !!!
11. Video formats Support !!!
12. It's freeware !!!!
Passion Audio Player supports the following formats:
It supports the following audio formats BASS+ADDONS:
It supports the following audio formats (DirectShow):
It supports the following VIDEO formats (DirectShow):
It also supports .zip files that contain the above Supported Files.
Copyright (C) 2002-2011, George Boudouris